Latest set of links of articles I found interesting, controversial or at the very least, worth looking at. Topics include: higher education technology, career advice and cool space maps.
- Technology Has Its Place: Behind a Caring Teacher, Chronicle of Higher Education - Found this article interesting, but only because I think it doesn't do justice to both sides of the educational technology debate. Sure, technology has its imperfections but that does not mean we should right it off for good. Worth a read, but look at it critically - http://chronicle.com/article/Technology-Has-Its-Place-/133329/
- How to Work Harder & Not Burn Out, Inc. Magazine, - Thought this article had a good central message: find what you love and put everything you have into it. Find your passion. - http://www.inc.com/maura-mccarthy/how-to-work-harder-and-not-burn-out.html
- Take a Journey Through the Universe With This Incredible 3-D Map, Fast Company, - I just thought this was really cool - http://www.fastcoexist.com/1680354/take-a-journey-through-the-universe-with-this-incredible-3-d-map
- Why it Pays to Submit to Hackers, Wired - Cool piece on why we choose not to follow Internet security best practices. I like that this article is a bit more academic than others I have read on the on the subject - http://www.wired.com/business/2012/08/hackers-walk-all-over-you/
- What's Wrong with Today's Entrepreneurs?, Harvard Business Review - I thought this was an interesting podcast on the state of entrepreneurship today. Take this with a grain of salt though - http://blogs.hbr.org/ideacast/2012/08/whats-wrong-with-todays-entrep.html