There's the some great stuff in this week's post.
- 37signals Earns Millions Each Year. Its CEO's model? His Cleaning Lady, Fast Company - A nice change of pace from (pun intended) Fast Company showcasing an organization committed to traditional business values. In today's size and funding obsessed "startup culture" 37signals focuses on what matters -- customer satisfaction, employee retention and making money - http://www.fastcompany.com/3000852/37signals-earns-millions-each-year-its-ceo%E2%80%99s-model-his-cleaning-lady
- 3 Ways to Make Everyone Around You Smarter, Fast Company - Good piece about building a culture of self-improvement. Loved the part about leaders embracing the paradox of power - http://www.fastcompany.com/3000623/3-ways-make-everyone-around-you-smarter
- Suddenly, Startups Have Gotten Very Boring, Business Insider - This article highlights a major problem among today's entreprenuers: a myopic focus on building acquisition targets and meaningless "apps." Where are today's Google and Microsoft? - http://www.businessinsider.com/startups-have-gotten-very-boring-2012-8?utm_source=twbutton&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sai
- The $1.3 Trillion Price of Not Tweeting at Work, Fast Company - Good piece on why senior executives should consider engaging with social media today - http://www.fastcompany.com/3000908/13-trillion-price-not-tweeting-work
- Infographic: A History of Space Exploration, Co.Design - I thought this was a cool inforgraphic about a topic that I was very interested in. Definitely worth a look - http://www.fastcodesign.com/1670613/infographic-a-history-of-space-exploration